Membership drive

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GRIM, Nov 12, 2016.

1. GRIM

GRIM Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Respect and Loyalty Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $853
    Local Time:
    9:27 AM
    Looking for suggestions to get good active bros

2. Daredevil

Daredevil EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $87
    Local Time:
    3:27 PM
    Didn't you have someone you selected that was actively searching for good members to bring? Or was that just vendors

3. GRIM

GRIM Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Respect and Loyalty Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $853
    Local Time:
    1 person is not enough we need activity/members.

Its a group effort as eg is..

And as ive stated in that thread im looking for someone new as the person selected didn't get a one

4. Daredevil

Daredevil EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $87
    Local Time:
  5. anabol69

anabol69 EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $61
    Local Time:
    I noticed on a few other boards that mods are threatening current members that if ANY pms are sent to attract members to other boards that they will be banned.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

6. T-bar

T-bar EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $90
    Local Time:
    That's pretty much a waste unless the admin has access to the PM's. I've never been a fan of threatening members. Personally I think a board needs to be owned my several people and have a way to generate real money, like selling your own line of supplements, or a way to get free gear for the owners. Other wise you work your ass off for nothing and after a while people get tired of hearing from the same guy over and over and over no matter how nice he is.
    It's a tough thing to own a board if you don't have an entire product line you can promote for free, or you're already independently rich and you just want to be king of something.

7. lith56bigguy

lith56bigguy EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $283
    Local Time:
    I respect the Grimmer for this and I honestly believe that he doesn't view our pm's. I do not feel we need to limit anyone to just our board. A member can belong where they choose. However, if we learn that they are taking negativity, bringing EG down, or slandering EG in any way shape or form---- that will not be tolerated but I see no problem with members frequenting other boards in general.
    Please we are honestly looking for suggestions as Grim stated. Feel free to open your minds guys. We want to provide you with the best board on the net without drama , with a great focus on security and safety.

8. millenium girl

millenium girl EG Security Staff Staff Member Respect and Loyalty Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $1,665
    Local Time:
    That used to be the case years back when I joined my first bb boards but I didn't hear that on the boards I'm a mod at now.

9. Joebad1

Joebad1 Guest

Local Time:
    Don't do it on SF threw pm .I was banned there for pimping out SF members to eg and they even called me a piece of shit.lol So yes they read the pms there FOR SURE!!

10. millenium girl

millenium girl EG Security Staff Staff Member Respect and Loyalty Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $1,665
    Local Time:
    There is a hack for this and I remember at least one admin who was accused of reading pm's.

11. lith56bigguy

lith56bigguy EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $283
    Local Time:
    sounds like a case of insecurity to me

12. jshredz

jshredz EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $136
    Local Time:
    Most boards will check your PMs for security. That's a common practice.
    That's why you should try to use secure email when performing your transactions.
    EG is one of the few where this isn't the case and members have took advantage of that privelage.
    I have to give props to Grim on that one!

13. GRIM

EG Money:
    $853
    Local Time:
    EVERY board but eg admins CAN see your pms.
    Eg the ONLY way i could see your pms is logging into your account, passwords are encrypted so id have to reset your password

14. GRIM

EG Money:
    $853
    Local Time:
    Admins dont check pms for security...there is no security gained by checking members pms.

15. GRIM

EG Money:
    $853
    Local Time:
    you dont even need the hack all you have to do is look in the mysql data base.

Thats if the admin knows anything about servers.

Correction eg is not the only board. The new public board i opened is encrypted as well

16. Joebad1

Joebad1 Guest

Local Time:
    They were checking it to steal your money back when everyone used reload cards.This is when they had newbs stupid enuff to pm the numbers .They domt give to shits about security on SF.

17. Mick

Mick EG Security Staff Staff Member Respect and Loyalty Hardcore Iron Getting Jacked Board Donator

EG Money:
    $4
    Local Time:
    Yep, that place is very bad. Not a good site to be on what so ever, seriously.

18. GRIM

EG Money:
    $853
    Local Time:
    Unfortunately its the norm..
    One reason i went with the forum software i did. Others i was told no way to encrypt messages. Some vb uses an encoded script and calls it encryotion. Encoding however offers literally zilch for protection.

19. jshredz

jshredz EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $136
    Local Time:
    This is also a popular technique also used by reverse scammers claiming their pms we're hacked in order to rip off other members and sponsors. So don't believe everything you hear.
    Moral of the story is everyone should use a secure email for their transactions.
    I'm glad we don't have this issue here at EG.

20. GRIM

EG Money:
    $853
    Local Time:
    yes and further some boards add programs to catch your password entry unencrypted so never use same pass on a board you do elsewhere