Auction bidding..

Discussion in 'Rules' started by GRIM, Mar 31, 2014.

1. GRIM

GRIM Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Respect and Loyalty Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $829
    Local Time:
    2:04 AM
    PLEASE DO NOT BID IF YOU DON"T EXPECT TO GO THROUGH WITH IT!

There has been a rash of people bidding and not paying.

It is getting VERY difficult to keep EG open when auctions are not paid for.

Thank you...

2. TSizemore

TSizemore Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $943
    Local Time:
    3:04 AM
    Non Payment will result in banned from bidding auctions. If you bid, it will be rejected. If something happens get with the staff to see if something can be worked out. EG relies on auctions to keep it's doors open..

3. JM750

JM750 Guest

Local Time:
    8:04 AM
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Time Deum Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $136
    Local Time:
    So, the rule in effect is that the second place bid gets the auction then?

5. krustus

krustus EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $323
    Local Time:
    1:04 AM
    wow... how could this be an issue???... if you bid ..you pay.. if not you better have a damn good excuse (death in family.. serious illness...etc)

6. 4everstrong

4everstrong Recruit Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $0
    Local Time:
    Why the hell bid you don't have the money. Fucking stupid!

7. GRIM

GRIM Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Respect and Loyalty Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $829
    Local Time:
    No.
    Otherwise someone could bid $10, the next $300 on $500 worth of goods and the $10 would take it.

8. RockShawn

RockShawn DEDICATION AND DESIRE Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $1
    Local Time:
    12:04 AM
    IMO the next highest bidder should be allowed to match the winning bid, if they don't want to, then open it to membership to match the bid. otherwise the auction should start over.

9. jshredz

jshredz EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $136
    Local Time:
    So how about setting minimum and maximum bid increments. For example min bid increments of $10 maximum bid increment of $20 or $30. Or just set a rule of $20 increments.
    This way if the winner falls thru the next highest bidder would be reasonable $$ value.
    Just an idea. It's usually the guys throwing the crazy bids that have no intention of paying.

10. GRIM

EG Money:
    $829
    Local Time:
    yes thats basically how it is.

11. GRIM

EG Money:
    $829
    Local Time:
    it's up to the vendor on increments

12. Wacker

Wacker EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $1
    Local Time:
    1:04 AM
    Add that to the auction rules you or Rock posted....then no crying

13. GRIM

EG Money:
    $829
    Local Time:
    problem with 'restarting' is auctions already get so bunched up, now 2 from same vendor will be running @ almost same time.

Nobody reads rules who breaks 'duh' ones anyways

14. JM750

JM750 Guest

Local Time:
    Create a Hall of Shame forum so their names can be posted! lol

15. flyingfox

flyingfox Mutation Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $0
    Local Time:
    Not paying for auctions is unacceptable guys, I understand things happen but repeat offenders should be shown the door.

16. Hanzo

Hanzo Time Deum Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $136
    Local Time:
    I agree with all of you guys. Do I have $ to bid? No. Am I expecting a gift soon? No. Do I therefore bid on auctions? No.

Everyone should be mature enough here to only bid with $ you could live without. I realize everyone has "emergency's", that's why it's $ you put aside you can live without.

17. JM750

JM750 Guest

Local Time:
    I do bid on auctions and have won before. I will usually bid in the beginning, but if it goes to high, and I know I can't afford it, ill stop bidding.