Wrists

Discussion in 'Body Part' started by GRIM, May 23, 2013.

1. GRIM

GRIM Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Respect and Loyalty Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $822
    Local Time:
    10:01 PM
    Any good moves beyond wrist curls for strengthening wrists?

My weak side keeps giving out, wore 185 pounds today as my wrist couldn't take it.

2. cck99352

cck99352 Mutation Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $0
    Local Time:
    4:01 AM
    I have similar problems... tore up both wrists doing heavy presses... now, stabbing pains in each wrist any time i press.... even light stuff hurts... took some time off from the gym, wrists felt good, but soon as i started moving any real weight pain is back... wrapping doesn't help because the pain is from compression?

3. Blueedge

Blueedge Guest

Local Time:
    I don't know the name of this but....
    U need a wooden or medal rod 1.5 foot long preferably with hole in middle so u can thread a piece of quater inch rope in it...tie a knot....then have the rope 3 feet long and tie a weight to the other end....
    U alternate twisting with each hand to wind the weight up and then wind it down...it will burn like a mofo
    But is an excellent way to hit the top side of forearm ..wrist curls generally only hits the large muscle on the bottom side....also that's usually not the problem causing wrist pain..its the top side being weak...hope this helps

4. jurgensplurgen

jurgensplurgen Guest

Local Time:
    this is my favorite forearm exercise. Not a big fan of wrist curls, especially pronated. My stupid gym wont let you bring in any outside equipment whatsoever though, except things you wear. They shot down my chains for dips like a drone strike.
    also like reverse grip bicep curls, and holding dumbells in a neutral hammer position and rocking them.
    Sent from my LG-MS770

5. RockShawn

RockShawn DEDICATION AND DESIRE Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $1
    Local Time:
    8:01 PM
    Masturbate more. Works for me :)

6. GRIM

GRIM Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Respect and Loyalty Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $822
    Local Time:
  7. massdig

massdig EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $51
    Local Time:
    i have massive forearms from this. Used it for hockey.
    get thin rope about 2 feet with a thin stick maybe diameter of bat or hockey stick.
    tie rope to it directly in center of stick. and use a soup can or
    5 pound weight on other end of rope. standing or sitting up use both hands while arms straight hands holding stick turn stick until rope is wound aroumd stick and weight reaches top. then reverse the direction slowly so weight drops to the floor but have it in control then wind it right ip again until your feel forearm burn.

8. GRIM

EG Money:
    $822
    Local Time:
    problem is my hand/wrist dont work like that.

9. Youngtricep98

Youngtricep98 EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $5
    Local Time:
    theres a therapy ball that has a shell over a rotating smaller ball inside..faster you rotate your wrists in a circle the faster the ball spins and makes it harder to rotate the ball..pretty damn good workout

10. homegrown

homegrown Mutation Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $0
    Local Time:
    7:01 PM
    wrist/grip strength starts in your hands, forearms are secondary. So my question is how is your hand strength?? What kind of ROM do you have? What direction are you the most stable?

11. IronFox

IronFox Registered Badass Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $0
    Local Time:
    11:01 PM
    I've seen it but forgot the name (damn memory issues...grrr). For wrists I use a small plate suspended on a rope and roll it up then release then do it again several times. Burns darn good!

12. GRIM

EG Money:
    $822
    Local Time:
  13. homegrown

EG Money:
    $0
    Local Time:
    Racket balls, squash balls, tennis balls... squeeze them often, bounce thwm and catch them.. They also make hand webbing you put your fungers in and squeeze them together. BUT.... if you want something that works reqlly well fill a bucket with rice, slam your hands into the rice up to your wrists and squeeze and twist, then let go and repeat. 30-40 sec at a time.. I have baseball, softball, tennis players (anything you hold a bat or stick) do this and it builds hand strength and endurance.

14. GRIM

EG Money:
    $822
    Local Time:
    tried those 'all but rice'
    hand is so bad i can hardly hold a fork, need assistance with other hand to pick it up.

15. homegrown

EG Money:
    $0
    Local Time:
    Give the rice a go. 5 gallon bucket 1/2 full of rice is all you need. I use a big tupperware container, 6-7" deep about a foot or so across. You can attatch a rubber band to your thumb and then individually with each finger do "pull a parts" go slow in both directions.

16. tunaman7

tunaman7 I will be the best me I can be! Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $51
    Local Time:
    Fat Grips....you place them on the grip of a dumbbell or a barbell. You can barely get your hands around the grip and it really tears into your forearms.

17. GRIM

EG Money:
    $822
    Local Time:
    fatter grip makes it impossible 4 me..