Smith machine

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by GRIM, Jun 23, 2015.

1. GRIM

GRIM Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Respect and Loyalty Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $841
    Local Time:
    5:48 PM
    Hate them but starting to use again.
    My gimp shoulder is so dead I just can't do inclines.
    But the smith takes that out of the equation
    Thank god for cheat machines :p

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Smith machine
    1. GRIM
      Replies:
      Views:

3. misterB

misterB EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $583
    Local Time:
    4:48 PM
    i love the smith at my age, I do the incline press, military press in the smith, elbows in no pain no injury,, better to do it than not

4. GRIM

GRIM Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Respect and Loyalty Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $841
    Local Time:
    5:48 PM
  5. lith56bigguy

lith56bigguy EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $283
    Local Time:
    11:48 PM
    Just installed one in the home gym

6. sityslicker1

sityslicker1 EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $202
    Local Time:
    The smith machine is my favorite pieces of equipment. I work out alone and sometimes DB's just don't cut it.

7. bossman

bossman EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked Board Donator

EG Money:
    $126
    Local Time:
    i work out alone so it comes in handy sometimes. i like to use both free weights and machines. i believe in making use of any and all tools available to me.

8. TSizemore

TSizemore Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $943
    Local Time:
    6:48 PM
    Every piece of equipment has a purpose!!! Although, the most useless piece in the gym just happens to be the Barbell Flat Bench. ;)

9. tunaman7

tunaman7 I will be the best me I can be! Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $51
    Local Time:
    Vince Gironda (sp) is smiling down from above.

10. tunaman7

tunaman7 I will be the best me I can be! Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $51
    Local Time:
    With age and injury...the Smith Machine has become a staple of my workouts. In recent years I have finally learned to feel my muscles work. I have found that I can very easily isolate not only the muscle, but a specific area within that particular muscle group.

11. Ragegauge

Ragegauge Guest

Local Time:
    When I train at the college I use it, I dont like to connsecutively use it cause i tend to lose strength.

12. JuicedVenom

JuicedVenom NO EXCUSES. DO Your personal best every day!!!!! Iron Killer Getting Jacked

Local Time:
    I try to include all machines and of course the cables and Dumbbells in my routine. I feel the double cable machine is 1 of my favorite for just about anything. And the smith machine is definitely the most important machine for when I'm alone. Although with my coach he doesn't give me much slack. Lol guy made me grow and eat correctly for past few years and I've progressed more than in past 2 years with him , then 10 with out HIM.

13. lith56bigguy

lith56bigguy EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $283
    Local Time:
    Cables and machines are becoming more my friends the older I get lol. Ego is going down a lil and common sense factor increasing.

14. jstone

jstone EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $39
    Local Time:
    If anyone having shoulder problems while benching, check out the slingshot. I have recently started using it, and it really helps my shoulders.

15. Paulrockr

Paulrockr TMM REP Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $264
    Local Time:
    Im 45 and have pain all the time.
    My smith is my baby lol.
    I also can get my free weight wo in with all the attachments i have and still incorporate dumbells in. I think smiths get a bad wrap.
    Mine is helping me get to were i was back before i moved to Mississippi..... I took along fall.
    But with my home gym and my brother TMM , THE ROCKR WILL BE BACK...!!!!!!!

Attached Files:

16. Skunx

Skunx Mutation Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $1
    Local Time:
    Kind of an old thread, but for what it's worth I love the smith. I can really focus on contractions and get great mind to muscle connection going. Always get a deep burn. I also use it for arms sometimes. Drag curls and skull crushers, both take some getting used to but if utilized properly can target the muscle in a very different way.