Bought me

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by GRIM, Nov 3, 2013.

1. krustus

krustus EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $323
    Local Time:
    5:30 PM
    it's a powerlifting concept (westside)... a faster more explosive athelete has more potential for strength than a slower one.. so if i load a bar with 50-60% of my max i can lift explosively, but unless i plan on throwing it out of my hands i will have to decelerate the weight towards the end of my range and the potential for joint damage is high. but if i have accommodating resistance were the load gets harder and harder as you approach the end of your rang you don't have to decelerate... you will have to keep applying more and more force.

it also gives you another bench day in the week but not one that is taxing the system the same as all out max loads...

2. GRIM

GRIM Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Respect and Loyalty Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $820
    Local Time:
    6:30 PM
    the concept works ;)

3. smoove

smoove Guest

Local Time:
    12:30 AM
    Ok but if I've got 275 on the complete range from top to bottom and the guy beside me has 225 on the bottom then 275 at the top because of the bands then in my mind the consistent 275 is getting the greater benefit. I'm not being hard headed here , I just don't see it like y'all do I guess

4. GRIM

GRIM Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Respect and Loyalty Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $820
    Local Time:
    it helps you break plateaus...

similar to chains, board presses etc.

5. smoove

smoove Guest

Local Time:
    Ok maybe I can look at it as a way to change up your normal routine and give the muscle something new to deal with.

6. krustus

EG Money:
    $323
    Local Time:
    it's about building explosion....(which is a debate in itself).. you know or know of folks who can run and jump but can't squat or leg press much... they are strong explosively and believe by many to have greater potential for strength because of that...

you also know people who could squat a house and can't jump very high ... lack of explosive power... so as you approach you genetic potential for strength you must squeeze out every bit of both ... max effort strength and explosive strength to get to your absolute limit ... if you don't you would be leaving some on the table.

7. smoove

smoove Guest

Local Time:
    It makes a little more sense but if you had to choose............rubber bands or plates?

8. krustus

EG Money:
    $323
    Local Time:
    yes... plates should be the basis of it all.... and someone who is just starting out probably doesn't need any band , chain or speed work... but once you've pushed your weights up and having a hard time with plateaus the bands, chains help move you along ... and if all out powerlifting is not your thing... building muscle may not need any speed work...???????

9. smoove

smoove Guest

Local Time:
    Gotcha. Content now. THANKYOU

10. HARD AT IT

HARD AT IT Mutation Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $0
    Local Time:
    Hell yeah!! Bands can help out a lot with stick points and breaking plateaus!!! Good score Gman..

Louie Simmons is a stone cold bad ass

11. TSizemore

TSizemore Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $927
    Local Time:
    7:30 PM
    Great explanation, Krustus. It's a combination of forcing both the Fast twitch and Slow twitch muscle fibers to perform at their potential with every move.

12. CB1

CB1 Mutation Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $7
    Local Time:
    Smoove, There have been alot of good explanations here but I think one point has been missed. We have all been to the gym and seen the guy that loads up the weights and does a half squat[or less]. We all know that if he went to the proper depth he would be pinned. If you have done DLs off the pins you know the higher up you start the weight the more you can do. Same way with the bench. Most can do rack lockouts or board press [any partial] with more than they can press full range. As your joint angles start to lockout you have better leverage. The bands acomodate this and give more weight in the stronger portion of the lift. Having said this they are probably better suited to powerlifting and even more suitable to powerlifting in equipment. In equipment the gear gets you out of the bottom and the top is on you which makes this very usefull. Hope this helps.

13. smoove

smoove Guest

Local Time:
    Yeah I see now. It can be beneficial and it works. I'm sold on that.

14. GRIM

EG Money:
    $820
    Local Time:
    cant wait to use these, hoping I have them for Monday!

15. zombieslayer

zombieslayer EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $16
    Local Time:
    Very good explanation CB1.

Smoove, another example of how they work is this. When you attach chains, and bench press the bar upward, as the bar moves further and further upward, you are lifting more and more links off of the floor, thereby adding more and more weight to the bar as it moves upward.
    You may comfortably bench 275 with plates, whereas, with the chains/bands, you're at 275 on the bottom but 335 at the lockout. In the process of using the chains/bands you are training ALL of your ranges in the motion(lower,mid,lockout,and the transitions in between all 3)

For years now and with great success, I have used heavy partials(which works the mid or upper ranges more directly than doing full range only), which, for me have made my full range much stronger.
    I've never used chains or bands, but have wanted to for sometime now, and want to get some asap. 8)

16. GRIM

EG Money:
    $820
    Local Time:
    They arrived already, everything looks GREAT!

17. GRIM

EG Money:
    $820
    Local Time:
    used them today, def gonna love them!

18. tunaman7

tunaman7 I will be the best me I can be! Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $51
    Local Time:
    I have em in 70 and 100 pound resistance. I really like to take the 100 pounder and wrap it around the bar on a machine and do explosive-flyes. I will rapidly do the fly movement and really feel my pecs squeeze and the fight the resistance back to the start. A great finishing movement.