Bought me

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by GRIM, Nov 3, 2013.

1. GRIM

GRIM Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Respect and Loyalty Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $834
    Local Time:
    11:58 AM
    3 different sets of resistance bands for benching, etc.

Psyched!

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Bought
    1. GRIM
      Replies:
      Views:

3. back4more

back4more EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $6
    Local Time:
    10:58 AM
    What kind of bands did you get? I like the Reebok braided bands seem to be much more durable.

4. GRIM

GRIM Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Respect and Loyalty Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $834
    Local Time:
  5. GRIM

EG Money:
    $834
    Local Time:
    http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?cid=495&m=PD&pid=247

6. JM750

JM750 Guest

Local Time:
    5:58 PM
    Call me stupid, i'm old school. But what are these for? Where do you stick bands on a bench?

7. TSizemore

TSizemore Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $943
    Local Time:
    12:58 PM
    Slide one handle over the bar, then stretch the band under the bench and up on the other side, slide the handle over the end of the bar and Voila!

8. BIGBOSS

BIGBOSS Recruit Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $2
    Local Time:
    Keep us posted on how those bands work for you G!

9. JM750

JM750 Guest

Local Time:
    So is this a special bench that you only use these bands on? Kinda like that bow flex thing.

I train at home, so not familiar with all these machines they have.

10. CB1

CB1 Mutation Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $7
    Local Time:
    Grim, The bands are a great thing. Dave Tate and Elitefts rock. For benching the red minis doubled are perfect. We set a 80lb dumbell on the floor. Pass the band halfway under then grab both ends and put them on the bar. This adds about 100lbs at the top which is great for your lockout and triceps.
    You can also set the bands up in reverse. When you bench you hook them in the top of the rack. They will relieve weight at the bottom but as you go up they eventually let go and its all on you. I find an atachment point where it takes 135 to touch my chest. These are ALOT of fun.

[attachment deleted by admin]

11. GRIM

EG Money:
    $834
    Local Time:
    no you use them on reg free weights.
    loop around base of bench or rack, then simply slide over the ends of the bar.
    They can help big time adding resistance to the top of your rep, with a negative type effect.

12. CB1

EG Money:
    $7
    Local Time:
    This is the reverse band method

13. JM750

JM750 Guest

Local Time:
    ooh I see now. thx. learn something new every day.

14. krustus

krustus EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $323
    Local Time:
    JM the bands are for accommodating resistance... the weight is harder when the bands are stretched so at the top... so as you push it helps you learn to accelerate the weights. also with the westside template you work the bench twice a week one day is heavy and the other is speed (dynamic) with bands, chains or combination of both.

15. CB1

EG Money:
    $7
    Local Time:
    Krustus, Glad to see someone is familiar with the WS. I went to a seminar Louie had in the late 90s. Still convinced its the best training methods available for strength.

16. krustus

krustus EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $323
    Local Time:
    cb... i love to study different methods.. and i always liked the westside stuff, because no matter what your goals getting stronger helps... i know a lot of the pure westside is geared toward benching in a shirt and stuff but the theories can still be applied to just regular guys looking for progress in there workouts....

17. RockShawn

RockShawn DEDICATION AND DESIRE Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $1
    Local Time:
    9:58 AM
    Heck yeah. Same bands I got. I love them. You can get very innovative with these suckers.

18. TSizemore

EG Money:
    $943
    Local Time:
    JM....Here's a Pic of how it looks:

19. JM750

JM750 Guest

Local Time:
    Thanks.
    Man, I gutta get out more often.

20. smoove

smoove Guest

Local Time:
    Ok I'm with JM750 on this one. WHY??? Why not just load the plates on and have continual resistance? Wouldnt this get "lighter" as you started your downward movement then "heavier" as you pressed? Not knocking it at all but I struggle to see the benefit over just loading the bar up and having 225 through the entire movement vs having 225 at the top and 125 at the bottom. Just want to understand this concept. I dont do commercial gyms so never seen this

21. TSizemore

EG Money:
    $943
    Local Time:
    Because when you load 225 on and then add the bands, you now have 275 (or whatever the resistance is that you add) at the top and 225 at the bottom. As you push the weight upward you incrementally increase the amount of resistance, forcing the muscle fibers to engage that weren't activated on the way down. Think about guys who put chains on the bar.....exact same concept, the longer you push, the heavier the weight gets.