Bitcoin

Discussion in 'Security' started by Southerncross, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Southerncross

Southerncross Mutation Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $68
    Local Time:
    9:19 PM
    What is a bitcoin and is it safe? How many extra expenses are usually incurred using this system? How has your bitcoin experience been? (Yes i have been living under a rock)

Haha...i remember when we had to western union money china or somewhere to some fella named xang doo soo. Dang bitcoins now

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Bitcoin
    1. F.I.S.T.
      Replies:
      Views:

3. GRIM

GRIM Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Respect and Loyalty Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $765
    Local Time:
    3:19 PM
    It's safe however transactions can be tracked but not by name

Fees depend where u get them

I sell them from time to time

4. GRIM

GRIM Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Respect and Loyalty Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $765
    Local Time:
  5. dukec

dukec EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

Local Time:
    4:19 PM
    I wouldn't use Coinbase if you're in the US unless you know how to mask your transactions. They are very aggressive in policing purchases that originate from their system and will shut you down with no reason. Any more these days they're all getting obnoxious. If you use Simplex for buying bitcoin (Coinmama, Bitstamp), they will literally ask you to send a photo of you holding your credit card as verification. Absolutely stupid bullshit, not worth it any more.

6. RebelMachinist

RebelMachinist EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $112
    Local Time:
    I have never like bitcoin and never will. Always been a rip-off and scam. Fuck bitcoin. Overpriced shit anyways. Save yourself the money and trouble and use the tried and true methods PP,MG,WU,W2W,CIM, Square Cash, Vanilla Reload IT, GreenDot, Venmo, etc...

srilankanmuscle likes this.
  7. buffalohead

buffalohead EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $341
    Local Time:
    I put bitcoin in the category of things like securenym email in that, for a while, it's the greatest, most secure thing ever invented and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. Then later people realize it's not really all that great or as secure as they thought. It's kind of a fad in our arena, imo. Plus it's just a hassle in general.

8. RebelMachinist

RebelMachinist EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $112
    Local Time:
    Nailed it. Yeah its a bandwagon for sure. I can say that back in 2006/7 when BTC first came out this guy I knew in highschool bought a shitload of them for basically nothing and like 2 or 3 years later sold them off for like 7-10 grand. That was the only benefit of it back then can't make money like that anymore off it

9. Southerncross

EG Money:
    $68
    Local Time:
    Well that settles that. Thanks for the info. Looks like you gotta go through too many steps to get bitcoins. Find a atm a wallet ect ect...fees fees and then covering your tracks for security amd scam and what have you. Im a keep sending ol xang soo doo over in the orient WU

10. GRIM

EG Money:
    $765
    Local Time:
    Bitcoin is far safer than wu and very easy to use

11. GRIM

EG Money:
    $765
    Local Time:
    Coinbase is fine just transfer to a different free wallet. Simple

12. misterB

misterB EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $581
    Local Time:
    2:19 PM
    its generally 3.99% to buy if using a credit card, fastest way a bank transfer is less money but slower.

to send or sell is like 1% to 1.9 %

13. Southerncross

EG Money:
    $68
    Local Time:
    What "wallet" is recommendes?

14. misterB

misterB EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $581
    Local Time:
    2:19 PM
    coinbase is the most popular and does most of that you will need as a newbie, if you need multisig you might consider others, but you probable wont need that.

15. GRIM

EG Money:
    $765
    Local Time:
    Coinomi works well

16. bossman

bossman EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked Board Donator

EG Money:
    $119
    Local Time:
    i like bitcoin, but more for investing, trading in and out. i still like cash by mail the best :)

TSizemore likes this.
  17. GRIM

EG Money:
    $765
    Local Time:
    started auto trading already making profit