Addiction

Discussion in 'General Health' started by Anonymous, Oct 14, 2016.

1. glock4319

glock4319 Mutation Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $106
    Local Time:
    5:58 AM
    Adderall, xanax, opiates, alcohol...went to rehab for 21 in October. Clean and sober now. Sometimes there is state funding for rehab. It was horrible to see people in rehab that knew they weren't ready but didn't have the funds to stay longer. We are here to help bro. Ask anything you want.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mrx and GRIM like this.
  2. GRIM

GRIM Administrator Staff Member Security and brotherhood Respect and Loyalty Iron Killer Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $831
    Local Time:
    11:58 PM
    well done bro

glock4319 likes this.
  3. glock4319

EG Money:
    $106
    Local Time:
    Thanks my man. I've replaced all that negativity with this lifestyle. I've never met more positive motivated guys in my life. I love every one of you douche bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

millenium girl and GRIM like this.
  4. bossman

bossman EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked Board Donator

EG Money:
    $126
    Local Time:
    i was given state funding for my recovery too. they paid for outpatient counseling for a year or two. now almost 7 years later i'm a drug counselor myself, so i'm kind of paying it back or paying it forward, so to speak.

~bossman

millenium girl and glock4319 like this.
  5. glock4319

EG Money:
    $106
    Local Time:
    That's awesome! I really was thinking about doing that. When I was in rehab some of the kids would mistake me for a counselor. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. bossman

EG Money:
    $126
    Local Time:
    it's difficult and the pay is not that great, but it's very rewarding when you see someone start to turn things around and do well.

glock4319 likes this.
  7. Andrew0409

Andrew0409 VIP Member Hardcore Iron Iron Killer Getting Jacked Board Donator

EG Money:
    $49
    Local Time:
    1:58 PM
    Yes, I don't mind speaking about it much openly if anyone asks. I'm not ashamed of it and I'm proud to have fought through it. If anyone thinks less of me, that's fine. That's on them, I'm stronger as a person coming out the other side. I was addicted to opiates and cocaine for a long time. Started off just for fun. But one day you sit there with a needle in one hand and a loaded gun in another wondering which is better to stop the pain. I got help and am lucky to have people in my life that stuck by me. Even after many relapses. I've been sober for more than a year now. I got an idea one day to finally get back in a gym. My friend was a former Muay Thai champion and encouraged me to come work out. I got hooked after a few times. And decided I was going to train myself to get to Thailand and train and take my first fight. I did and now I'm 1-1 in record. It's been a hard couples of days though, hearing a close friend overdosed a couple of days ago. Last night was the first night I laid in bed sleepless craving. I haven't had that horrible feeling of wanting to use again and the shame that comes with it. Along with stress with my job situation. I trying my best right now to be right with what I can control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. millenium girl

millenium girl EG Security Staff Staff Member Respect and Loyalty Getting Jacked

EG Money:
    $1,659
    Local Time:
    Sorry folks but I will never understand how people can enjoy being hungover .... One glass of any alcoholic beverage whatsoever is enough to make me drunk. My body hates alcohol.

I'm looking for something to do when I retire and my physiotherapist suggested being a buddy (helping drug addicts and alcoholics) but I'm not sure I can do it. I do admire you guys who went to rehab and have been clean ever since. Congrats.

9. bossman

EG Money:
    $126
    Local Time:
    i never went to rehab. just outpatient counseling and AA/NA. sometimes i wish i went to rehab though. it sounds kinda fun to me. :)

10. Andrew0409

Andrew0409 VIP Member Hardcore Iron Iron Killer Getting Jacked Board Donator

EG Money:
    $49
    Local Time:
    1:58 PM
    I hated it. But it was the most relaxing time of my life. No phone. You actually just talked and connected with people and did things together. No worries from the outside world for a short time. But the sad thing is, the person sitting next to you is most likely going to go to jail, relapse, back to rehab or die. Lost many people i went to rehab with that were really good people, some extremely intelligent even but just had this demon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

11. Bama

Bama EG Freak Iron Killer Getting Jacked

Local Time:
    I myself was on meth for 17yrs..... LONG 17 at that!!!!! I am thankful everday to be alive.

GRIM and Andrew0409 like this.